OCI Cards: Overview
|Receipt of applications||Working Days – 9.00am to 11.00am|
|Delivery of documents||Working Days – 3.00pm to 4.30pm|
|All eligible applicants will have to apply online for OCI cards through the Portal https://passport.gov.in/oci/. ICWF means Indian Community Welfare Fund. Applications could be submitted on any working day (Monday to Friday) as per timings mentioned above.|
- OCI Card is a multiple entry life-long multi-purpose visa which enables the holder to travel and stay in India, as and when he/she desires to do so.
Benefits of applying for an OCI card:
- Multiple entry, multi-purpose lifelong visa to visit India;
- Exemption from reporting to Police authorities for any length of stay in India; and
- Parity with NRIs in financial, economic and educational fields except in the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties.
OCI Travel Advisory – Re-issue of OCI Card (On getting a New Passport)
- Re-issuance of OCI is mandatory every time passport is renewed up to the age of 20 years, and again after attaining the age of 50 years in view of frequent biological change in facial features in these age groups.
- OCI registration certificate have to be got re-issued each time a new passport is issued up to the completion of 20 years of age and once after completion of 50 years of age in view of biological changes in face of the applicant. Re-issuance of OCI registration certificate is not mandatory each time a new Passport is issued between 21-50 years of age. However, if the applicant wishes to obtain new set of OCI documents, he/she can apply for the same. If the OCI card is issued at the age of 50 years, there is no need for re-issuance of OCI.
- The above guidelines on re-issuance of OCI card after obtaining new passport have been relaxed till 30th June 2020.
- For further details please visit the following link:
- Applicants must fill the on line Application as per the Jurisdiction Applicable.
- Applicants wish to submit their applications at Lilongwe must select Malawi-Lilongwe as Jurisdiction, while filling the OCI Online Application.
Collection Procedure for OCI Cards and Documents:
- Applicants are required to check the status online and when status shows OCI received in Lilongwe on a particular date, the following documents must be submitted at the Mission’s counter where the original application was submitted for OCI. Applicants can submit the below documents for OCI collection a) Original receipt issued by the Mission for making payment b) Printout of on-line status report. c) Malawian/Foreign Passport in original.
- PIO Card holders should submit the Original PIO Card for Cancellation.
Documents required for OCI can be Viewed here